SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Leverage Your Speaking Expertise
into Paid Spokesperson Assignments!
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
- Handout — (PDF, 107K)
Did you know you can create another income stream in tandem with your speaking engagements? Deborah Dunham introduces what you need to do to leverage your expertise into lucrative third party spokesperson assignments, simply by maximizing what you already know. If you’re interested in becoming a spokesperson or looking to boost your spokesperson bookings, Deb shares invaluable experience. Get the inside scoop on becoming a paid spokesperson for consumer-branded public relations and marketing campaigns. Learn the basics of how to launch and maintain a successful spokesperson business.
You will learn:
- How your speaking skills translate to paid spokesperson assignments
- Why you’re more attractive to a consumer brand than Jennifer Aniston or their head of R&D
- The factors that determine your pricing in the spokesperson marketplace
- The most important quality to establishing yourself as a product spokesperson
- Tips for creating your demo reel
- The difference between an agent, a manager, and a broker
- Where you will appear as a brand spokesperson
- A key element to getting you spokesperson assignments that most people underutilize
More about our guest expert:
Deb Durham is a 30+ year veteran and pioneer in the spokesperson biz (yes, she started as a mere child) and wants to give you the benefit of her expertise on everything to do with being a spokesperson. Take it from a trusted pro who has experienced the ins and outs from in front of the camera as a spokesperson herself, to behind the camera brokering deals between hundreds of expert and celebrity spokespeople and major consumer brands. During Deb’s spokesperson days she represented such household names as Chex Party Mix, OFF! insect repellent, HandiWipes, and Procter & Gamble, and she appeared on shows ranging from Today, GMA, and HGTV as well as tons of local market appearances. In her brokerage business Spokespersons Plus Network®, Deb has landed well-paid assignments for spokespeople with companies ranging from InSinkErator to Intel, Microsoft to Nestle, S. C. Johnson’s Scrubbing Bubbles to Shell Oil and Visa.