SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Get Published by a Big House:
The 10 Keys to Getting the Best Editor,
Publisher, and Deal for Your Book
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
- When you order the recording, you will be sent a link to download more than 20 pages of additional materials.
Colleagues brag about six-figure advances. Others claim books launched their career and tripled their fees. Some say a book turned their business around.
Now is the best time to be a writer, but although big publishers are still doing too many books, you’ve also heard that getting into major houses is harder than ever. And it’s harder than ever to launch new authors. Or they offer you an advance that’s less than your keynote fee, and you’ll spend months writing your book. Others say the publisher did no publicity, so they had to sink sizable funds into publicity. And if you have to do your own marketing, why do you need a publisher? A few colleagues complain they had no say on the title or cover, and they hate what the publisher printed.
You will learn:
- What are the facts about publishing today?
- How do you decide whether to go with a publisher or self-publish?
- Do you need an agent?
- How to you do a proposal that will get you the advance you want?
- What’s the fastest way to find an agent and publisher?
More about our guest expert:
Mike Larsen has been in the industry for 46 years, 41 as an agent. He tells you what you need to know to succeed faster and more easily than ever.