SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
How to Write a Quality Book
Quickly — in 7–28 Days
Dianna Booher, CSP, CPAE
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
- Handout — (PDF)
Have you been promising to “write that book” someday? For months? Years? Do you fear writing a book will take “too long”? Is it hard to “get your arms around” such a big task? As a multi-published author, do you feel as though you “reinvent the wheel” with each new book because you have no process?
Whether you are a seasoned or an inexperienced author, you may find yourself grappling from time to time with competing ideas, hectic schedules, and distractions — all of which complicate getting ideas from brain to bookstore.
In this session, you’ll learn a 12-step, repeatable process for going from idea to first draft to final manuscript fast. The program provides practical, specific tips and techniques for conceptualizing, researching, organizing, drafting, editing, and using assistants efficiently.
For example, you’ll learn how to:
- research and interview both efficiently and effectively (the do’s and don’ts: what works efficiently — but may not be effective)
- organize your entire project in less than an hour
- edit in layers to prepare an accurate, appealing book
- get meaningful feedback on your manuscript to improve quality and sales
More about our guest expert:
Dianna Booher is the bestselling author of 48 books, published in 61 foreign-language editions, with nearly 4 million copies sold. She helps organizations to communicate clearly and leaders to expand their influence by a strong executive presence.
Her latest books include Faster, Fewer, Better Emails; Communicate Like a Leader; and Creating Personal Presence (all three with Berrett-Koehler); What MORE Can I Say? (Penguin Random House); and Communicate with Confidence (McGraw-Hill).National media such as Good Morning America, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fast Company, FOX Business, CNN International, and NPR have interviewed her for opinions on workplace communication. She blogs for Forbes and Microsoft.
Writing distinctions include:
- Richtopia’s “Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World”
- American Library Association’s “Best YA Nonfiction of the Year”
- Book Club Selections: Book-of-the-Month, Fortune, Money, Businessweek, Macmillan Executive, Writer’s Digest, Newbridge Executive
- Axiom Silver Medalist (2018)
- Executive Soundview Summaries: Best Business Book of the Decade