SpeakerNet News Compilations
Cheap Marketing Ideas
|How to sponsor this page|
Here is a compilation of the ideas I received from my request for cheap marketing ideas.
-- Dana May Casperson
Constant, relentless networking with class and style.
-- Rita Risser
Free speeches to target audiences.
Teaching adult classes through University Extension.
-- Elaine Dumler
Free talks with an evaluation form designed to ask for referrals.
-- Philippa Gamse
Develop a database and do e-mail marketing. Create your database by having drawings at your programs. Ask for business cards and give away free subscriptions.
-- Bonnie Jo Davis
Write articles and place them in article archives and newsletters around the net.
-- Nancy Miller
I wrote an article for the Greater Los Angeles Chapter about marketing to libraries. You can get a copy here.
-- Michael Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Write articles for magazines and plug one of your books or tapes in the article.
Send your book or tapes to the decision-maker. It gets through better than any media kit.
-- Dave Crowley
I print my handout and an evaluation/referral form on the same sheet. Participants rip off the evaluation/referral (about 1/3 of the page) before they turn it in.
I also publish an electronic newsletter.
-- Joel Blackwell
I use a 1/3 page evaluation form with space for the participants name and contact information.
Send copies of your book. They are as cheap as a good brochure if bought in quantity.
-- Alan Allard
Use e-mail to send valued information to others and daily send out one thank-you note or note of encouragement to someone.
-- Brad Montgomery
Buy a color laser printer and your color copies will be only 20 cents each. Do professionally printed stuff only when you know when you're going to need it.
-- George Torok
- Create and grant an annual award
- Build relationships with the media before you need them.
- Recruit your suppliers as marketing agents. They work for free.
- Write "tip sheets" for your clients.
- Do something crazy and newsworthy once a year.
-- Valerie Hardin
- Help others promote themselves by interviewing them.
- Make you web page a source of free items like screen savers and e-zines.
- Send out your products for review.
- Set up hot-links with other speakers.
-- Bill Henthorn
Create a one-page web resources sheet listing the best 10 web sites. Include a two or three line synopsis of why you think they're good. Of course, include your site in the list.
-- Rebecca Morgan
- 4-color business cards: www.diacolor.com
- 4-color postcards: Mitchell Graphics, Modern Postcard (800) 959-8365 and Mr. Postcard (925) 820-5379.
- 4-color flyers, Tu-Vets (800) 894-8977.
- 4-color flyers, 4-color labels, memo pads: Color For Real Estate
SpeakerNet News is produced by Rebecca Morgan and Ken Braly. It is not affiliated with the National Speakers Association. Send comments or suggestions